So, like I said in my last post, I'm an MK. Not very many people know exactly what that stands for, so I'll tell you. Or, of course, you could just look it up on Dictionary.com, but that's work, so I won't make you do that.
MK stands for Missionary Kid. This means two things. A. that we are kid missionaries, and B. that we are the child of a missionary kid. The fun part about being an MK is that most of the time you get to live in a foreign country. Like, say, Mexico, or Kenya, or even the Philippines! You don't have to move to another country to be an MK, though. Your parents could be working on translating the Bible into a language for a Native American tribe. However, a lot of MKs end up over seas.
As an MK, me and my friends like to talk about things you can always expect from a country. For example, in Belgium, you can by nice chocolate in the airport, and Canadians are super polite because they often apologize. (Actually, I do too, but most of the time it's more of a "I'm feeling for you" apology. I use the word Asha, which is from the language Pidgin) All that to say, when we found the Studio C sketch "International Relations" we all got super excited, and laughed really hard.
I found it on YouTube and posted it here for you. Oh, just to clarify: Studio C is a comedy group that makes clean funny videos about almost everything.
Hope you like it!
Ali
Again, I told you I love commenting. I also love Studio C (it seems most MKs or PKs know about that channel) and no kidding I think that is my favorite of all of them! You said you speak Pigin- is that Hawaiian pidgin or New Guinea pidgin, or another one.
ReplyDelete